Many people dream of having a snow white smile but very few know how to achieve it without the help of a dentist. Not everyone can afford or may have time to have their teeth whitened. Fortunately, there are a lot of home teeth whitening systems that can be used to achieve the effect, comparable with professional whitening, at home and for a reasonable price.
These systems effectively remove the colored plaque which often leads to dental discoloration. It is also important to take proper care of your teeth during the day using special mouthwashes and foams, brush your teeth not less than two times a day with a high-quality toothpaste and limit the consumption of food which may lead to the discoloration, such as coffee, tea, wine, sauces, chocolate, berries, juices and jams, spices, along with the use of teeth whitening systems.
Particular attention should be paid to fruits which contain acids that help split dental plaque: green apples, strawberry, all citrus fruits.
It should be understood that if the plaque is cleaned untimely or improperly, it hardens and forms dental tartar which can be removed only with the help of a dentist. The dental tartar removal procedure is rather painful so:
– Brush your teeth for two minutes not less than two times a day;
– Use toothpastes marked as “whitening” (for example, Global White whitening toothpaste which includes a complex of four abrasives (carefully removes colored plaque) and lemon extract (helps whiten tooth enamel, inhibits bacteria causing caries) to remove colored plaque;
– Carefully choose a toothbrush – it is half the battle. The toothbrush should have even clipping to remove plaque properly. Choose hard or medium hard toothbrushes;
– Brush your teeth using sweeping moves from the gum to the dental crown;
– First brush front, then rear teeth;
– Brush the grinding surface of your teeth in a circular motion;
– Take some time to brush your tongue (it accumulates 80% of oral bacteria). Brush your tongue with careful moves from the root to the tip without exerting any pressure on the brush;
– Rinse your mouth with a mouthwash after tooth brushing;
Please consult your dentist when choosing oral hygiene and teeth whitening products.